http://lovelydreamingfoxes.tumblr.com/

Belletristic Blathering & Trash Poetry -
Phosphorimental is just a placemat for
the dribblings and crumbs of creativity.
Keep an eye on www.good-graffiti.com and www.trashpoetry.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I remember a time when I didn't have to remember a time...

I remember a time when I didn't have to remember a time. When butter only came in sticks. When the trash men came everyday. When a Chevy was just a Chevy...when it wasn't who had the bigger yard, but which yards could be combined to make the biggest football field. When lawyers were great because we hardly ever needed them. When we feared dying more than being poor. When we called them jobs, not income. When a busy tone or an endless ringing phone required no further investigation...When romantic love didn't grow in diversions like weeds in fertile soils of commiseration...when love meant you don't have to stop looking, just keep looking at me. I remember when you could hear me draw a breath between these spoken words rather than me here alone listening to the tap of the keyboard as I type them.

No comments: