http://lovelydreamingfoxes.tumblr.com/

Belletristic Blathering & Trash Poetry -
Phosphorimental is just a placemat for
the dribblings and crumbs of creativity.
Keep an eye on www.good-graffiti.com and www.trashpoetry.com

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

...LEX PARISMONIAE: MIDLIFE IN SOLILOQUY


My dear and clear friends, I find it ironic that the easiest can be so difficult. I heard a sojourner at the rail sigh and say into his glass of ale, "...this proclivity for circumlocution and periphrasis has been a wonderful journey, but it's last call, and I really should be getting to the point now..."

"In the past 8 years, I could haven returned to school and been a doctor, a lawyer, both. I could have learned to fly jets or signed on to a vessel and sailed the world, and then have bought a boat. I could have run for office or be writing my next novel in the alps...sipping authentic swiss miss cocoa. I could have found the missing nukes or become a priest! Right now I could have been....

And YET, in the past 8 YEARS, one would think that NOT taking time to do ANY of these things, I could have come up with one good idea of what I plan to do for the NEXT 8 years... or at least given someone else an idea...

IN THE PAST 8 MINUTES - I could have...called my mother,


No comments: