http://lovelydreamingfoxes.tumblr.com/

Belletristic Blathering & Trash Poetry -
Phosphorimental is just a placemat for
the dribblings and crumbs of creativity.
Keep an eye on www.good-graffiti.com and www.trashpoetry.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

An Ill Begotten Rhyme with Orange, Purple, Silver, Month



I think it was the harvest month
We grabbed our baskets and begun this
Quest for produce rife with rhymes
Ripe with color on the vines
That’s when I came upon a bowl
filled with fruit, or I was told
By another who had keener sight
For seedy bounty in the night.
So color blind, I thought to pilfer
For I thought it gold or silver
I reached and there I felt a flange
And peeled it back like an orange
A sweetly pungent mist arose
curled my lips and stung my nose.
My cohort called my basin purple
Which I stole, albeit hurtful
To its owner, who’d think me ruthless
But despite the spoils, my theft was fruitless.
I beseech you eschew poems ill begotten
For those sewn with bad taste are reaped as rotten.

No comments: